Monday, September 18, 2006

Energy Polariser

ANDREW DENTON: I will move on to what was the low point in your career, which was the Energy Polarizer, which you brought out in the...

PETER BROCK: Yeah, that was an interesting thing, actually, because...

ANDREW DENTON: Can I just explain to those that don't know what it was, it was just a, it was a box...with magnets and crystals, which you said would turn even a dog of a car into a sweet-running one. And basically, the press turned on you as some kind of New-Age crank.

PETER BROCK: They did, but I must tell you that the only portion of crystal in that was a sliver of crystal, not unlike what you have in a wristwatch. So I wasn't exactly, you know, sleeping under pyramids and stuff like that.

ANDREW DENTON: Why did they turn on you?

PETER BROCK: I didn't have the ability to give them a suitable explanation as to why it worked.

ANDREW DENTON: And why not?

PETER BROCK: Too difficult, really. I mean, it was gonna cost me 750,000 dollars to get a scientific validation of it. And I didn't have it. I said, "Look, can you just trust the fact that it does work?" And most of the journalists said, "Yeah, this works good."

1 comment:

Art Neuro said...

Surely not, Brocky! :)
That's pretty funy, that stuff.